Employee Spotlight: Elijah
I was born in Moscow, Russia. At the age of two my family moved to India, and I had the privilege to live there for the next 6 years. When in India I saw a lot of need for healthcare and a lot of ill people in the poor areas of the country. This has shaped me to choose a career in health care. When I moved back to Russia and then eventually the States, it made me realize that nursing was the right fit. Since high school I was working toward this goal and now I am a nurse.
Since moving to Sacramento I’ve met the love of my life, Natalie who is originally from Moldova. We recently got married and are enjoying adventures of traveling to different countries, fun weekends and daily life. Being married to Natalie is one of the best choices I have ever made.
Working at Advanced Home Health is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had as a nurse. Seeing your patients succeed in healing, understanding their own medical conditions, and improving their health is the best reward that a nurse can have. Further, when you combine this with the supportive and friendly staff, it makes the atmosphere priceless. To be honest this is the first job that I’ve had, that I actually miss working when I am away. I look forward to working on a daily basis.
- Favorite fruit is a cashew nut fruit
- As a kid I attended an all boys choir school in Russia and had the privilege of greeting the international delegation of Olympians during the opening ceremony of the 2002 winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, on behalf of the Russian Federation.
- I scuba dove with friends and touched the bottom of a submarine docked in the river in down town Portland, OR……. and didn’t get in trouble J
- I’ve never been to Canada
- Lived for a year and a half on an island off the coast of Japan called Sakhalin.
Elijah is so easy to work with. He is a team player, and never hesitates in any challenge that I ask him to accomplish. I have seen him continue to grow both in his professional and personal life and I am excited to see what else he will accomplish in the future. – A.R (RN Clinical Manager)